Material Handler, N. Chicago, IL
OSI is seeking qualified Material Handlers to work on contract to provide logistical support services for Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center in North Chicago, IL.
Position: Material Handler
Location: N. Chicago, IL
- Follow detailed procedures or instructions to perform warehouse work which involves receiving, storing, and shipping a variety of bin and bulk supplies, material, equipment, and commodities.
- Unloading, stacking, binning, rotating, and marking stock in accordance with standardized operating instructions.
- Check shipping documents to verify incoming and outgoing shipments.
- May use automated material identification equipment such as bar code wands, computer terminals, and laser scanners tied into a central computer to select storage locations of items being shipped or received.
- Use common hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, as well as hand trucks, hand lifts, pallet jacks, dollies and electric jack lifts.
- May operate warehouse tractors, forklifts, tugs, and general-purpose vehicles under close supervision or in developmental capacity.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years work experience and/or training.
- Previous medical logistics experience preferred
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to meet physical demands of position.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, be detail oriented and work independently.
- An understanding of warehouse operations and functions.
- Good analytical and 10-key calculator skills.
- Individual must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
- While performing the duties of this job, you are often required to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time and to bend, stoop, and work in tiring and sometimes uncomfortable positions. Ability to lift and carry items that weight up to 70 pounds.
- Work is done inside or outside in areas that may be hot, damp, cold, drafty, or poorly lighted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
OSI offers a competitive Compensation and Benefit Plan.