OSI is seeking qualified Stock Clerks to work on contract to provide logistical support services for Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center in North Chicago, IL.
Position: Stock Clerk
Location: N. Chicago, IL
- Perform work in a wide range of systematized supply operations, such as performing records functions in inventory, storage, cataloging, and receipt and control processes.
- Oversee stock maintenance at or within prescribed levels and establish or adjust stock levels and reorder points using standard formulae and prescribe procedures
- Conduct physical inventories and adjust and/or maintain inventory stock, plant, or property account records.
- Receive and screen lists or other documents specifying supplies or materials needed for planned programs or work operations and collate and assemble lists of equipment and parts needed for acquisition plans.
- Initiate, prepare, edit, and process requisitions to stock, commodity control, or other appropriate supply organizations.
- Search catalogs, records, or other data sources to obtain or correct stock numbers or to find authorized substitutes for stock items.
- Contact customers, supply organizations, transportation units, and others to obtain material status information, follow up on urgently required items, and/or expedite delivery of material to work sites.
- Process documentation for stock item receipts, maintain such items in a supply room or similar storage area, issue material to shop or work center personnel, keep local stock records, reorder when stocks are low or at a specified reorder point, prepare standard reports such as variances between actual and estimated costs, and perform related stock receipt, storage, control and issue functions for expendable and non-expendable items for a local organization.
- Identify requirements and requisition, issue or distribute office and administrative supplies, forms, publications, or other printed materials.
- Maintain an accurate accounting and reporting system for non-expendable property and perform standardized property management control processes.
- Operate computer terminals or personal computers to perform records search, data input, and data corrections.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years work experience and/or training.
- Previous medical logistics experience preferred
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented and work independently.
- A thorough understanding of all Microsoft office applications.
- Good analytical and 10-key calculator skills.
- Individual must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
- While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to sit, bend, climb, walk at a normal pace and stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- You will be primarily working in an warehouse environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
OSI offers a competitive Compensation and Benefit Plan.