HR Assistant – Fayetteville, NC
OSI is seeking qualified HR Assistant to work under general supervision, perform a variety of responsible and administrative duties relating to HR functions and programs in support of Corporate HR Department.
Position: HR Assistant
Location: Fayetteville, NC
- Answer basic employee questions, refer complex questions to HR Administrator
- Process incoming mail
- Create and distribute documents
- Provide customer service to company employees
- Maintain computer system by updating and entering data
- Set Up appointments and arrange meetings
- Compile reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
- Assist with recruitment efforts
- Post job ads and organize resumes and job applications
- Schedule job interviews
- Collect employment and tax information
- Ensure background and reference checks are completed
- Prepare new employee files
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Administer new employment assessments
- Assist with all new employee questions
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll and related duties to include, but not limited to, timesheet reconciliation, ensuring accuracy of pay and deductions, employee change of status, and maintaining appropriate records.
- Maintain current HR files and databases
- Update and maintaining employment status, and similar records
- Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Assist with termination paperwork and exit interviews
- Assist HR Administrator with other duties as needed
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of two years HR related experience and/or training.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, be detail oriented and work independently.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Typing skills of 45 wpm
- Individual must be a U.S. Citizen
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
OSI offers a competitive Compensation and Benefit Plan. For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Operations Services, Inc., at email@example.com and reference Corporate-HRA. Questions may be addressed to the attention of Ms. Sandra Johnson.