Director of Logistics and General Services
Position: Director of Logistics and General Services
Location: Fayetteville, NC – Corporate Office
The Director of Logistics and General Services will develop and maintain the company’s Logistics and General Services Business Development Plan and manage day-to-day pursuit of business opportunities listed in the business pipeline. This individual will also work in close concert with the CEO-President to maintain the company’s Strategic, Operations and Business-related matters related to Logistics and General Services.
- Advise the CEO-President on strategic, operational, and business-related matters related to Logistics and General Services.
- At all times, be prepared to represent the company in matters related to business development and operations
- Based on guidance and work group sessions with the CEO-President and other corporate staff members, develop and formalize the company’s strategic plan for business development in the Logistics and General Services market space. This includes active participation and input into the company pipeline.
- Ensure that the Logistics and General Services business opportunities and initiatives are synchronized and incorporated into the company’s overall strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure that company marketing materials are developed and synchronized with the Strategic Plan and Logistics and General Services capabilities.
- As the Logistics SME, oversee the preparation, writing and packaging of Logistics and General Services
- Participate in company monthly Business Development meetings with the CEO-President and principal corporate staff
- Responsible for overseeing capture plans needed to pursue Logistics and General Services Government procurement opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring that the Proposal Center is a viable and functioning entity of the corporate headquarters
- Maintain and oversee the proposal writing system and actual writing process
- Ensure that the company prepares and submits, at a minimum, one Logistics and General Services contract proposal/bid every A “submitted proposal” can be as a prime, subcontractor, sole source, or task order from an ID/IQ
- Responsible for the professional development and training of all employees involved in business development proposal center operations, proposal writing and production
- Work closely with the Director of Finance on 12-month solicitation projections to assist in developing the annual budget and a Business Development budget
- Take an active role in developing strategic relationships with other Government contracting companies (large and small) and various Contract Offices/Agencies
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Business Administration or Public Administration preferred
- 5+ years of Government contracting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Have a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition process and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Understanding of government proposal pricing.
- Strong analytical skills a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential
- Ability to work with highly confidential information with absolute integrity at all times
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and act with appropriate urgency
- Strong attention to detail, ability to deal with ambiguity, as well as to work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy, with potential for rapidly changing priorities
- Good knowledge of MS Office with proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to use Government contracting and business intelligence opportunities systems such FedBizOps and GovWin
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills to respond to inquiries, present information and/or write reports or correspondence
- Excellent organizational management skills, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/requirements
- Demonstrated ability to apply excellent judgment and objectivity
- Demonstrated ability to balance high volume work in a fast-paced business environment
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research on contracting business opportunities and proposal preparation and writing
Ability to read, comprehend and explain instructions, letters, memos, emails and correspondence from inside the organization as well as from external sources. Ability to effectively respond, communicate and present information to customers, internal and external, clients and other employees in the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and bend. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work will be in a corporate office building setting. The work environment characteristics of this job are consistent with those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, which is fast-paced and stressful at times in order to meet established deadlines associated with Government contracting. Employee is expected to travel on an average of once a month in order to develop business relationships and/or effect proposal development activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
OSI offers a competitive Compensation and Benefit Plan. For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Operations Services, Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Dir of Log.