Senior Computer Specialist
Position: Senior Computer Specialist
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
- Proficiency in desktop administration of current MS Windows and Microsoft Office versions.
- Conduct planning, installation and configuration, managing resources, connectivity, running applications, monitoring and optimization, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and notification escalation.
- Provide Video Teleconferencing support, set up and coordination.
- Provide IT support for logging, troubleshooting and resolution of issues/problems.
- Install and configure software for user
Assist users with various hardware issues: printers, keyboards, mice, and scanners.
- Perform installation, monitoring and support of LAN/WAN system
- Work with users to rectify VOIP phone issues as point of contact for phone issues including resetting voice mail, as required.
- Update iPhones and iPads with Apple updates and assist users with iPhone configuration and usage.
- Assist users with various MS Office and Windows issues.
- Assist users with various VPN and telework issues including setting up Microsoft Teams on laptops and PCs.
- Work with base Network Engineering Center (NEC) to make sure computers are IAVA compliant.
- Review all base scans each day for compliance on different issues. Remediate manually when necessary.
- BS/BA degree in an associated discipline with minimum of five years directly applicable experience as a Computer Specialist or ten years of experience.
- Minimum of five years directly applicable experience.
- CompTia Security + Certification is required
- Other IAT Level II certifications such as GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA are a plus
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in innovative problem solving.
- Practice excellent communication, organization, and time management skills; must be reliable, efficient, and flexible.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all customers (soldiers and civilian).
- Be committed to work as a team member for the benefit of the customer.
- Be able to understand instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
- Be able to read and interpret documents and manuals (Army regulations and guidance, Federal and State regulations, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required to support the customer and contractual requirements.
- Individual must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess an active secret security clearance
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift heavy objects and moving of equipment from one building to another to include climbing stairs
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.